Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Kindergarten approaching

I am really embarrassed about how long it's been since my last post! We have been keeping pretty busy. I have been very busy getting things ready for Brennan to start kindergarten. I am very excited about homeschooling this year! My best friend is a kindergarten teacher and she gave me 4 trash bags FULL of awesome stuff so I have been rummaging through them and picking things that will work for us. I have found lots of worksheets, projects, crafts, ideas for games to play. I am feeling better and better about how much stuff I have to do with Brennan for the year and I am becoming more excited about starting the year and less nervous that I am not going to teach him enough. We have already started doing some random things each day. We always read and talk about letters and numbers and rhyming, etc, but I've started making Brennan read more and work on little things at home to get him used to some of the stuff we will be doing. I started making incentives, like ice cream outings, for encouragement for reading. It has helped get him to participate and he is really reading well. 

We practiced with writing on the dry erase board this morning.


This is a fun activity that he enjoys, but it's not like "work" because it's fun:)




Bear was hanging out with us so Brennan decided to draw him:)


Love his sweet little drawings. I can't wait to see what else he comes up with the rest of the year:) I feel so lucky that I get to experience every little project and craft!




3 comments:

  1. LOvvvvve homeschooling :) You guys will have so much fun this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you're homeschooling! I was home schooled growing up (until sixth grade) and I loved it. I can't wait to see what you do with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for homeschooling! We really enjoy it & I think you will as well. :)

    ReplyDelete