Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween (and other associated festivities)!

My Mr. Incredible!


Brennan had his Halloween Party for school this morning...the kids had a lot of fun!


They had a "parade" in the classroom to show off their costumes:)



They played games, made artwork and decorated cupcakes, too!



Love the cupcake with 3 eyes, all different sizes:)




Brennan got these cute little monster fingers:)


and silly glasses:P


Oh yeah and the parents were wrapped up like a mummy :) Brennan did not want to wrap me up at first, but I talked him into it. I think he knew it wasn't going to hurt me, but something about not being able to see me, I guess. It wasn't too surprising because of his personality. I posted another example below, but he is so sensitive. It's hard to explain, but I love it about him. Anyway,I tried to help him and put it around my face and he did not like that at all (that's why I look like I have a hat and scarf!), he couldn't wait to get the tissue off of me!




Last week (or the week before?) was Brennan's pumpkin party at school with pumpkin picking. It was pretty chilly so we bundled up, but it was a lot of fun. His school parties are always very busy, his teachers put a lot of time, energy and creativity into his school and the parties do not fall short.


The pumpkin party consisted of picking pumpkins, carving one, making homemade pumpkin pies in the classroom (baking the pumpkin, scooping it out and mixing everything together and baking-yes quite amazing!)



Here is Brennan scooping the guts out of his Jack-O-Lantern at school at his Pumpkin Party. So speaking of Brennan's sensitive side, last year when we carved pumpkins, Brennan's pumpkin ended up with no mouth because Brennan was almost in tears when we talked about "carving the mouth". He is just very sensitive to people and animals and stuffed animals and pumpkins...and everything:)


Luckily, this guy got to have a mouth this year.




They made these adorable shirts last week to wear today before their party started. They are tie dye and the spider is their hand prints and they painted the pumpkins. Adorable!

Here are some Halloween projects he has been working on at school. Ghost and spider...spooky!



Skeleton and bat...I also posted a picture of the bats in the classroom because they were so cute all hanging up together.



We had our own Halloween festivities at home.



We decorated pumpkins for Reese and Scotlyn this weekend.



Brennan is resting up for trick or treating as I am posting this, so stay tuned for pictures with his friends tonight:)

1 comment:

  1. He IS Mr. Incredible!!!! What a doll! It's wonderful that he has such great teachers. If kids find out that learning is fun early, school should be a terrific experience. Kudos to his teachers!

    ReplyDelete