Monday, July 15, 2013

The forgotten hip

First of all, I will acknowledge I am the worst.blogger.ever. I am not sure anyone reads this anyway, but I really do enjoy blogging, I just feel overwhelmed when I get so far behind.



Anyway, my hip recovery could be better, could be worse.  When I went in for my first appointment with the surgeon, he said "Some people call it the 'forgotten hip' because after a while things are back to normal and they forget they had their hip replaced" His point was that people don't follow up with the routine x-rays to monitor when the revision is needed. Well, I am ready to forget about this hip any time now! I have been waiting for that day to come, but I have a feeling it won't be anytime soon!:( It's not terrible and of course it is getting better, but it's so slow! I know it hasn't been long and I have to keep reminding myself of that, but I just want to be back to normal!


We have been enjoying time swimming, spending time with family and friends, and I am working my job that I do telephone triage so it's nice to be able to be partly back to work.


Brennan had his last baseball game last week.


He got the cutest little trophy!


I will try to be a better blogger! I have lots of pictures to share:)



No comments:

Post a Comment