Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Reese and Scotlyn's Stocking Stuffers

Reese and Scotlyns' stockings have been filled with love, joy and giving spirits and lots of goodness on this Christmas Day, which is something the world needs more of.

♥ My act of kindness is going to be taking toys to the angel tree donation for less fortunate families in the area. This year I bought lots of sparkly girl stuff...this will be in honor of Reese and Scotlyn. Merry Christmas my sweet friend. Amanda Witt

♥♥ I wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about what to do for Reese and Scotlyn's random act of kindess. I prayed about it and decided to donate $15 to highly vulnerable children through Compassion International. Here is the link to information about the cause, and I made sure to note that my donation was in honor of your girls.
http://www.compassion.com/highly-vulnerable-children.htm
Sending you lots of love. ((((hugs)))) Love, Erika (from urthmama.com)

♥♥♥ My 4K class initiated a mitten drive a couple of weeks ago for a woman's shelter in Milwaukee, WI.  We have a mitten tree in our classroom and have collected many hats, scarves, gloves and mittens.  So far we have filled 2 huge boxes and tomorrow we will count them all and then I will take them to Joy House so that they may distribute them to those in need.  The children have really embraced this activity and each day come in with more and more items to drape on our mitten tree.  May this act of kindness inspired by a group of kindergartners encourage you and yours this Christmas. **I got this in my email, I do not know this person and wanted to keep her name private just in case. 

♥♥♥♥ Dear Reese & Scotlyn, Last night after Ava's Girl Scout meeting, Ava, Gavin, Vance and I went to McDonald's for dinner. There was a man in the dining area that was all bundled up in his winter gear and seemed almost lost, mentally impaired and lonely. He had a HUGE backpack with him that was stuffed to the brim. As we ate our dinner he just stood in the dining area the entire time looking around. Gavin and Vance would not stop staring at him and they were asking SO many questions WAY to loudly! After awhile I put two and two together and realized that the shabby bicycle that we passed on the way in the door must have been his. It was REALLY cold last night and it was sad to think of this man riding his bike with that enormous backpack. As the man shuffled around he was struggling while lifting and put his pack on. He could not get both straps on. I helped him out and let me tell you I have never felt a bag so heavy! He must have had his entire life in that bag. As he continued to stand around I went and bought him a hot chocolate to help fill your stocking. He was very kind to the kids. After awhile he went outside and got on his bike and rode away in the cold. Merry Christmas Beauties! Love, Ava, Gavin, Vance, Kristy & Brian Kimmle 

♥♥♥♥♥ Dear Reese and Scotlyn, Grady was so proud to push his cart full of non-perishable food items into his school to donate to the food pantry:) Merry X-Mas, girls!!! Love you!!! Gray



♥♥♥♥♥♥Dear Reese and Scotlyn, 
I donated to a classroom so that they could get the supplies they need to improve their learning:) During this Holiday Season "Donors Choose" matches the donation made!!;) So, it really made a difference! Thanks so much for inspiring me to do something nice for someone else!!! Love and Miss you both!!
Hugs and Kisses,
Kate



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥Merry Christmas!!!  Kim you are such a good mommy to both your girls and Brennan! Reese and Scotlyn you are a special little girls that are sooo loved. Your mommy is brave and inspiring because of you. I know you are having a wonderful time in Heaven this Christmas with Jonathan. I bet Christmas is the best birthday party ever up there!

In honor of babies in Heaven I decided to open my eyes this Christmas to suffering around me. In LA homelessness is so commonplace it is easy to look the other way. However those souls were once someones much loved baby. In honor of Scotlyn I gave a man five dollars and in honor of Reese I gave a pregnant woman five dollars. More than the money I looked in there eyes and smiled. I communicated to them that they are valued and I see their suffering.

Thank you sweet girls, the world is better in so many ways because you lived!

 Love, hugs and prayers sent your way! Tesha from teshastreasures.com



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ For Reese and Scotlyn's stocking, I gave a gift card to a family whose house burnt down in a fire. I also donated a Toys R Us gift card to a less fortunate child. Love, GiGi

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ For the girls stockings, I donated some books at Barnes and Noble to Children's Hospital. Danielle Blake

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Kim, First of all Merry Christmas to you and your family. May this Christmas season bless you with love, joy and peace. Secondly, thank you for giving my family the opportunity to do random acts of kindness for Reese and Scotlyn. While we failed miserably it taught us a lesson in kindness. I thought this would be a simple thing to do so I wrote at the top of a sheet of paper "Random Acts of Kindness" and hung it on the refrigerator. It remained blank for a long time.I was actually trying, but nothing I did seemed worthy enough to put on the sheet. I was trying too hard and trying to be creative. So while we only have two things on the sheet as of now, we are about to go out and do a random act of kindness. Brian was touched by his boss who gave each of the managers a $20 bill and told them to go to an area and find a person who they thought needed the money and tell them about the love of Jesus Christ and give them the money. So as a surprise to the kids, before we head to church this evening, we will give each child a $20 bill and ask them to find someone that looks like they could use the money. Hopefully this will be a tradition and not just at Christmas. Lastly, I want you to know that we will be saying some very special prayers for Reese and Scotlyn this Christmas season because without them I would have been more focused on myself this season instead of trying to be kind to others. God Bless! Aunt Mariland


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Helping an elderly couple decorate a tree. Love, Maw Maw

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Our act of kindness was indeed inspired by Reese and Scotlyn. Brennan and I went to the nursing home in town and read Christmas stories to one of the residents. Brennan really enjoyed this and I think the resident enjoyed it as well. She was so adorable and when the activities director asked her if we could read her stories she said "I think that would be outstanding" She listened intently and commented on how wonderful the stories were. Then when we were finished she showed us around her room and talked about the paintings that her mother in law created. She had pictures of her family and you could tell she was surrounded by love. It was a nice experience and Brennan says he wants to go back. Maybe next time he will read the story:)

To my dearest and sweetest babies, Reese and Scotlyn, I am more than grateful that you entered my life 2 years, 5 months and 1 day ago. Even though there has been a lot of darkness in my world since you left, you have brought so much light to my life. You have brought a new meaning to many aspects of my life and you have both taught me so much about myself and the world around me as well as made me a better person. You have been the inspiration for the generosity that was offered in each of these situations. I am so proud to call you both my daughters. I hope you know how much we love you and miss you. You mean so much to us and there is not a moment in each day that I don't think about you both. Sending all our love to you in Heaven♥ Love, mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment