Thursday, February 24, 2011

Splish Splash!

Tonight Brennan had his first swim lesson! He was grinning ear to ear the whole time!


I signed him up at the Y a few months ago and we tried basketball first because I wanted to get him into some sort of physical activity. There isn't a whole lot for 3 year old boys so I was really excited when I found basketball. Well, he seemed to like it at first and then by the second session he decided he wasn't participating anymore. We took him out and got a credit toward something else since we had only attended 2 sessions, so I decided on swimming lessons.


We are so lucky to have access to a pool at my mom's and my dad's during the summer. He really enjoyed swimming last summer so I thought he would like it, but I wasn't really sure how he would be with a teacher he didn't know. I just pictured him wanting me to get in with him-no thanks;)


Well, he absolutely loved it as you can see:)


He is rarely the kid who volunteers to do something first. He has come out of his shell a lot, but he is still timid and shy at times with people he doesn't know. Well, he just jumped right into the activities, volunteering to go first.



By the end he was swimming laps in the pool by himself! Splishing. Splashing:)



I suppose the problem came when class ended. Brennan wasn't ready to go. I mean he really wasn't ready to go. The teacher had to bring him out of the pool. Then once we got into the room to get dressed he fought me to put his clothes on, crying, saying he wanted to go back, then he wanted to go somewhere else to swim. He did not want to go home. Then it was "I don't like my house!" screaming and crying all the way to the car! I'm thinking-'these people are probably wondering what is so bad about our house that my child is screaming that he doesn't like it'. Oh my! I guess all things can't be perfect and what more can I expect from a 5:30am wake up time and no nap;)

No comments:

Post a Comment