Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday

No major accomplishments today, but I walked more than the day before so I feel like that is progress. The home health nurse came out today and changed my dressing. My incision is not near as big as it looked by the dressing or what it said it would be in the book. And I got a waterproof dressing so I can shower tomorrow! It's the little things:) I am on coumadin to prevent blood clots so she checked my level for that with a finger stick and took my vital signs. Physical Therapy came this afternoon and showed me how to sleep on my side safely-cannot wait for bed tonight! I have been sleeping flat on my back and that gets old sleeping in the same position. He said I am doing better than 90% of the patients when I told him yesterday that I could get in and out of bed by myself. I asked him how long he thought I would be on crutches and he said probably not too much longer. YAY! I am definitely not rushing things and I know when I need to rest/change positions and I am not pushing at all, but I don't want to slack either. To be honest, I was a little depressed on the way home from the hospital because I still couldn't lift my leg on my own and just seemed like a long road to recovery. I know it was only 2 days after surgery, but it is really really hard for me to down. I still have my moments, but I am happy with my progress. PT also showed me other places in the house I can sit besides this standard chair with handles in the living room. I am not ready yet though, mentally. I am so nervous about breaking my precautions. I know I will get there.

I have been looking forward to my first outings-Red Lobster with my momma is on the list:)


I have some new artwork from Brennan:) 


Brennan has been giving me some good laughs. He came home from Tball practice last night and brought this bag of blue corn chips in the bedroom and asked if he could have some. I opened them for him, he took one bite and said "What?? This isn't chocolate!!" He thought they were chocolate-haha!


Here is Casey putting my ted hose socks on. Long white, very fashionable stockings I am supposed to wear for 6 weeks-eek.


Beautiful flowers I received from my coworkers at Children's today-very nice surprise! 


My BFF Kacey brought me puppy chow today-yum yum!!


Brennan got to spend the day playing with his BFF Bella! Thank you Renee for watching Bren!


Renee came over and took care of me today and left us with a yummy chicken dinner-thank you!! My sissy came by to visit before work and dad came to visit after work. Also, Bobby cut our grass-we are so spoiled! We had a pretty eventful day:)


1 comment:

  1. SO glad to see you are home and doing well! What a blessing all the support you have. Praying for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete